I am a little hesitant to post this recipe (even though it can be found online!) because I want people to think that I just somehow, all on my own accord, make AN AMAZING vegan cupcake!!!
So... The secret is now out.. I didn't come up with the amazing cupcake.. But I sure made it look pretty!
OK if you're ready for awesomeness bake the following immediately:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the oil, vanilla, vinegar and water. Mix together until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. About 15-20 minutes for cupcakes.