Sunday, August 14, 2011

LIFE

What is most important? I miss my children. Rachel and I butt heads sometimes...well a lot of the time. I feel the tension, but I still miss her.
She is an amazing woman. She has drive, curiousity, conviction, a thirst for knowledge, creativity, and a big heart. It was a wonderful summer getting to know her as an adult and not a child living under my roof.




I've thought a lot about getting older and what a drag it is. You know wrinkles, fragile bones, hearing loss, arthritis, change-of-life, empty nest, gray hair, agility---all the things we take for granted when we are young. However, I realized one benefit of aging; seeing the accomplishments and successes of adult children. I find a great sense of pride and satisfaction when I am with them and when I see what wonderful people they have become.







Our society minimizes families which is disturbing when I think that one of the few things I can take with me when I leave this earth are my memories and the knowledge that my children are good, kind, intelligent, responsible people.







What does this have to do with a better life? Well, our lives encompass more than just physical health. We are a combination of many areas which can lead to health or sickness. Emotional health is just as important as physical health. I noticed many unhappy-looking people tonight while I was at the gym. Sure, they looked physically attractive, but many faces looked empty, lonely, or angry. I am so grateful for all my life's blessings and for daily light even in times of darkness.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for family!!!! Good job making it to the gym last night, even with school starting! Big gold star coming your way!

    ReplyDelete