Monday, August 1, 2011

See, I Said I'd Be Back

Yesterday we had a family barbeque with lots of food including my favorites---chips, hamburgers, potato salad and corn on the cob. Although I hadn't had meat in 31 days and the cooking hamburgers were screaming out to me, I passed and ate a veggie dog instead. Yes, I really wanted the hamburger and no I don't think I'll never eat one again, but I thought about the calories and what I really wanted the most (something I wouldn't have done a couple of months ago). I decided that I needed to choose between the potato salad and burger. Decided on the salad because it had lots of vegetables in it and light mayonaise dressing. I knew it would be more nutritional and I also knew I could smear lots of ketchup on the veggie dog and it would taste ok. So, there you have it, another day of thinking about my food choices. Oh yes, and when I got up this morning and weighed myself I had lost another 1/2 pound, for a grand total of 37 1/2 lbs. Still got a long way to go, but I think I can.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome JUDY!!!!! 37 lbs!!!! Way to go! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete